On to Florence


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Florence
April 15th 2014
Published: April 18th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Due to the car issues, we had only one night here which is a real shame as the apartment was lovely and spacious. After a good breakfast in the hotel restaurant, Em played in the playground at the hotel and watched the geese, goats, pigs, chickens... We also didn’t get a chance to see Verona either as we had planned a lazy day to wander the city with two larger drives either side. Being a day behind, we had another big drive today as well so we set off for Florence with our google-guide.

Feeling more comfortable with maps today, we stayed off the motorways and cruised down to Florence. A pizzeria in one of the small towns provided us with the opportunity to have our first Italian pizza. Oh yeah! Huge and delicious, we got two to share and were stuffed by the time we finished.

Google gave us the wrong road at the end but we found our way through the maze of one way streets and roadworks and ended up in the right spot. Our accommodation for the next four nights is a 300 year old Tuscan villa. Another gorgeous place with living and kitchen on the ground floor and two bedrooms upstairs as well as an attic bathroom squeezed in above the stairs! We even get wood delivered every evening for the open fireplace in the kitchen. The apartment is part of the villa which is a B&B and the grounds are lovely with huge trees and a swimming pool for summer. Em is loving balancing on the stone garden walls and all the space to run around.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.248s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0594s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb