Day 11


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Florence
August 5th 2006
Published: August 13th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hey,

Alright so we woke up early because we had this awesome leather demo. We went to that and then had some free time until there was a walking tour they were going to give us of Florence.

Me and a friend decided to skip the tour and head straight to the Accademia, which has the Statue of David.

We waited on like for about 45 minutes (which is short for this). While we were waiting we met 4 other people from the United States. Two were a married couple from Washington, DC and reminded me of my parents. They were both really sweet and had awesome stories to tell of the places they had been to. They had just come from Rome, which is where we were heading next so I had all sorts of questions for them.

Then in front of me the other two people were boyfriend and girlfriend from Mass. They were backpacking and ended up in Florence. I told them they should take the short ride to Pisa. They really wanted to go. I wonder if they ever made it there, I guess I will never find out.

We finally got
LunchLunchLunch

Ate lunch here...
in and ran straight to see David. I swear this statue changed my life. It was the most amazing thing I have ever seen. I had to sit down for like ten minutes and just stare at it. It was just the most awesome thing I have ever seen. I really can't put it into words. It's huge and so detailed. I was just amazed. I still am even talking about it. I am moved beyond belief.

After that we headed to the Dumo. We took some pictures of it. The line was way too long to wait to head inside and we heard there wasn't too much to see on the inside anyway. There was a lot of shopping around the outside of it and we took off and shopped the afternoon away.

After that I walked back to my hotel to shower and get ready for the nightlife.

After dinner we headed out to Discotechno. It was this awesome club that played sweet music. Everyone danced the night away in Florence. Who ever didn't want to go was escorted back to the hotel in the coach, otherwise we all took taxis back... it was actually pretty close and def. in walking distance if you wanted to walk back to the hotel.

I was so excited because the next day we would be in ROME.

-Monica-


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Off to Rome!Off to Rome!
Off to Rome!

Rome sign!
MeMe
Me

Enjoying the night
DinnerDinner
Dinner

Here is a shot of where we had dinner


Tot: 0.224s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1421s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb