Day trip to Lucca


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Florence
November 22nd 2010
Published: November 22nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Ok, Today was our specially planned day to go to LUCCA!!! We had to go via bus. However, of course it was not the same bus from last week to Siena. We went back to the train/bus station and again had to ask four people for directions. Again, the ticket office was behind the station, across the street and down a side street. By now, we are getting used to the run around. Honestly, most of the Italians looked very confused too. The bus ride was fine, expect for some whining New Yorkers, that were gripping at each other. I finally fell asleep for the 1 hour ride.

After arriving at Lucca, my plan was to rent a bicycle. Lucca is a medieval town that still has the high fortress walls around it. On top of the earthen walls, is a bicycle/walking trail that surrounds the city. We did a lap around the trail, however it was so picturesque, that I stopped very often for photos. The weather was very cool, however the sun was out. We were very thankful for that. This is a very easy and relaxed city to navigate. We zigzagged up and down the streets. The bikes were very cool. Mine was making some squeeking noises, but I gave it a kick every once in awhile. The whole city seemed to be out, walking their dogs, running, etc. If you are interested in Lucca's history, please do some research.


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



24th November 2010

webb1@zoomtown.com
Em and David , we are loving all the pictures and stories from your trip. Keep up the fun and the imfo . We love you and are praying for you!! Love, Mom

Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0467s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb