October 4 Last Full Day in Italy


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Florence
October 4th 2010
Published: October 4th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Today was our last full day in Italy…and we tried to make the very most of it. We had a few more gifts to buy, but we began the day with the Big Red Bus Tour Red Line, which took us all the way to the small town of Fiseole. Just a few miles away, this very old, medieval town over looks all of Florence. We departed the bus at the Palazzo Pitti, which is another palace of the Medici’s. Unfortunately, it is Monday, so the museum at the palace was closed. We had cappuccino near this place, primarily so I could use the bathroom. Then we walked at short distance to the Ponte Vecchio, where we looked at beautiful jewelry in many shops. We walked along the Arno and continued shopping, until we found a small pizza shoppe for lunch. We returned to Piazza Croce but were unable to enter the church on this plaza where the tombs of Michelangelo and several other famous people reside. We continued to walk in the rain and do some shopping along with Gelato.

We did finally get into the Duomo which was beautiful, but not as spectacular as come of the churches we have seen. We finally returned to our hotel for some serious packing and reorganization before leaving tomorrow morning. I think I have another week of things I could do here, but that will have to be for another trip. I did put the coin in the boar’s mouth, so I will return to Florence one day. Dennis & I both put coins in the Trevi Fountain, so that pretty much seals the deal that we will return to Italy. Until then, Ciao Bella!!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0733s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb