October 3 Florence


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Florence
October 3rd 2010
Published: October 3rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Donna's Bday DinnerDonna's Bday DinnerDonna's Bday Dinner

Cestello RistoClub in Florence
Today began early as we caught the 8 am shuttle from our hotel to the center of Florence (at the train station). We then walked to the Ponte Vecchio where we met our tour guide for a tour of The Best of Florence.
Angelo was a helpful guide who told us some important facts regarding the Medici family and the history of Florence. We saw the Palazza Vecchio, the Duomo, and ended this portion of our tour at the Accademia Gallery. Here we saw the famous “David” statue by Michelangelo. What a remarkable sculpture by a 22 year old man!! After this tour, we had quick bite of lunch before we met up with Costanza for our afternoon tour of the Uffizi. We spent two hours learning about the earliest art from Italy through the Renaissance. We saw works by Michelangelo, Da Vinci, Botticelli, Raphael and many more. After this tour, we went on the roof top to see another beautiful view of the city.

After that we went to the Piazza San Croce to walk & shop. It was a busy Sunday afternoon in Florence. We returned to the bus terminal and caught the 6:30 shuttle back to our hotel. We visited with some new friends from MN on the Executive level of the hotel before returning to our room for the evening. Another great day in Italy!! Time is moving much too fast and soon our trip will be done. It has been so wonderful & memorable. Bueno Notte!!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0298s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb