Florence!


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Florence
May 1st 2009
Published: May 1st 2009
Edit Blog Post

LAAAAA!!LAAAAA!!LAAAAA!!

Singing out our windows in the morning!! What we have always dreampt of!
Taking a delayed, late train to Florence, we had finally arrived! We stepped off the train and there was a lady.. 'Girls!GIRLS! Looking for a place to stay??' We still had enough energy to check out hostel availabilities and costs but eneded up with the cheaper option, private accomodation. It was perfect for us! We stayed in Florence for two nights, had our own apartment and our own little kitchen (most of the appliances weren't working anyways, but it was the thought). We even had the amazing European windows we were obsessing over, the ones that open up into the street! We liked to sing in the morning and wake up all the surrounding people on our street. We searched for a couch surfer in Florence earlier, but nothing. We spent the majority of our day in the Uffizi Gallery. Here we saw the famous Venus painting and explored the amazing gallery. We took a stroll down to the canal where only 1 bridge still stands (the only original one that Hitler didn't destroy). All around the city were numerous sculptures and amazing fountains. We walked around the main square in constant awe, thinking of how lucky we were to be here. How is this real? We continued walking around town and ran into a few different markets. Later that night we were almost at our daily budget so we had to be creative for dinner. We went to a nearby supermarket (which there are about 2 of in the entire city and completely over priced). We bought some fresh noodles, some tomato paste and delicious £2 vino! Life is great! We wandered back to our apartment to find the stove top wasn't working, so we microwaved our amazing pasta noodles and topped it off with some tomato paste.. still loving life.


Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Gorgeous Church!Gorgeous Church!
Gorgeous Church!

We were able to take a look inside. Amazing.
Bridge still standingBridge still standing
Bridge still standing

Only original one Hitler didn't destroy!
JennieJennie
Jennie

We didn't have a wine opener so Jennie was trying to stab it open with a dull knife. Neighbours around? No one! So she wandered down to a nearby hotel and asked them to open it for us! You've gotta do what you've gotta do!
JennieJennie
Jennie

In our little apartment :)


Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0305s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb