All Good Things....


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Florence
February 22nd 2009
Published: February 22nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

well this is it. 4 weeks sure did fly, i cant believe im going home tomorrow.

so last night after internet i headed up to bed. it was quiet, only one other person in and he was also going to bed. then the crowd descended, 6 people came in to hang out! i was a little rotted at first, but then decided not to be such an idiot and got up and joined them. i'm terrible with names, but theres sabrina and two of her friends from buenos aires, argentina who are staying in the room, as well as luke and his girlfriend from poland, ?nick from australia, and a guy from israel. so we're all just sitting around chatting for a while which was fun. havent done much of that so it was good for a change. also nick had a few drinks in him and decided that we all needed to try to make ugly faces for him to take pictures of.

just as they were leaving, peter, from sweden, who is also staying in the room came in. we started chatting, this was around 11, and we were up talking until about 230, discussing very serious topics like do they have swedish berry candies in sweden to some of the intricacies of canadian politics. haha

so we go to bed, and i am up at my usual 730 despite going to bed like 4 hours after usual bedtime. shower, buffet hostel breakfast, and back upstairs to get peter and head out to the uffizi museum. its the big italian art museum here, and we were in a huge lineup for almost 2 hours before we got in. didnt matter as i didnt really have much else to see here in florence. museum was good, but i am a bit arted out and just did the circuit of the place.

we then went for a walk around, stopped at the supermarket and bought some pasta and sauce and came back to the hostel and cooked a lunch. with fanta orange to drink! last fanta for a while! sad....

then we just hung out in the hostel most of the afternoon watching mtv, cnn, and whatever else we could find in english. then off for another walk in search of some supper. i am proud to say i actually ate kebab, the disgusting looking meat on a rotisserie. but it was delicoius. no one was more surprised than i. then searched for a last gelato.... sad (but still delicious!)

then we head back to teh hostel to catch the movie they were showing, gladiator. a bit late but it was still amazing. glad ive been to the colosseum and could kindof picture the real deal.

now im super tired after minimal sleep last night, and you may find the quality of this entry lacking... so sue me.

but this is my last night in europe, and i am actually sad to go home. every other time i have travelled i have, at the end, looked forward to going home, sometimes more than others. but this time i can honstely say i dont want to leave. i want to go further, see more, meet more interesting people, and yes, even sleep in more loud, dirty, friendly hostels. a lot of people at home think i'm a little crazy for wanting to travel around by myself like i have been. but each time i go, i find the experience a little more rewarding. i can safely say i am confident i can travel almost anywhere now, and i know that i am better for it. i'm generally a bit anti social while i am travelling (some of you might find that hard to believe, but do), and the last few days i have met some really great people, had a good time, and look forward to the next time whe ni can improve on the experience again. i'll miss gelato the most, followed closely by fanta. hahah

so thanks for reading and sharing in my experiences, and see you all after 18 terrible hours of travel tomorrow. fingers crossed for an on time performance.

peace out.

Advertisement



22nd February 2009

The Answer?
Jason - you left out the most important part....do they have Swedish Berries in Sweden or what?!?!
23rd February 2009

Thanks for sharing....
Hey Jason...well I have to say that I have throughly enjoyed every single one of your entries! thanks for sharing your experiences with those of us who read everyday! Sad to say that you will be coming home to crappy weather though..so...safe travelling and hopefully no delays on the way in!

Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0274s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb