down by the river and over the bridge


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Florence
November 15th 2008
Published: November 15th 2008
Edit Blog Post

bonjourno!
so today was a beautiful day here in firenze. it was like a perfect canadian fall day. chris and i went over the river and climbed up to michelangelo's palazza- lots of scary sprain your ankle, break your arm kinda stairs. but ohh the lovely pictures we got of florence! to cross the river we walked over a famous bridge that have little apartments built on the outside. the whole street was jewellery after jewellery store, with many men taking pictures of their ladies infront of the fancy diamonds, kinda funny. highlights for me today? speaking italian to the pharmacist that did not speak english, and him understanding exactly what i was saying- ohh how validating!! we had a great lunch, and took lots of pictures, but of course. we wandered the street vendors and i was almost kidnapped by an eager vendor if not for chris- the men selling leather jackets seem to be very excited by chris' stature, they keep yelling at him "you big boss!! i have a jacket just your size!!" which leaves me confused because all the men i've seen in italy are no where near chris' height. tomorrow we are hoping to get a tour to pisa, if not there is still much to do and see here. Florence has been a nice change of pace for us, rome was busy busy rush rush go go. florence is wander, sight see, eat, cafés, gelatti, and lovely evening strolls. and an extra treat! we come back to our room and our sheets are changed, bed made, room tidied and bathroom scrubbed. magnifico!

anyways, bed is a calling and tomorrow my legs must be readied for a good all-day walk.

love love
ciao! meg and chris

Advertisement



16th November 2008

Great day!!
for fun, you should have had Chris try on one of those jackets they said they had for him. Now that would have been a sight!! Have a good day and I hope you get to Pisa.

Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0601s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb