Florence


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Florence
June 19th 2008
Published: July 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

DuomoDuomoDuomo

The painted ceiling of the Duomo
The final leg of our journey was to Florence where we stayed in Plus Florence the same company as Venice but what a difference!!! Practically a hotel! Met a nice girl called Kat who is in our room, had some dinner and eventually went to bed.

We started ouir first full day with coffee and breakfast at the hostel, then wandered dowm to the Duomo and cathedral covering shoulders to go inside. Lovely and cool as always with a stunning painted dome and a skeleton in a casket.

From the Duomo we walked around and found ourselves at a Leonardo Da Vinci museum with replicas of machines he had invented.

Next we headed down to the Uffizi gallery, home to the world's greatest collection of Renaissance art, where we spent hours looking at art work and getting increasingly frustrated by the groups of tour sheep being herded infront of the paintings by a "guide" who breezed over the art work so as not to bore them.

Art overload we found a pint and some bruchetta before walking down over Ponte Vecchio, the only bridge to have shops along it and the only bridge in Florence to survive
Bekz and CatBekz and CatBekz and Cat

Outside the Uffizi Gallery.
WW2.

Sitting on the edge of a fountain....

Bekz's Reality
We were sitting on the fountain when a bloke stumbled out of a tabbachi with a HUGE wound on his head, gushing with blood and started screaming at this Italian woman (I think she bottled him because he was shagging the owner's wife) anyhoo...
This bloke started shouting at the swarms of policemen who had barriered off the area! The drunk man stumbled away into another cafe followed by some ambulence men. In the mean time two men who worked there brought out buckets and maps to clear up the blood of amurder victim stretchered away before we got there.
Then Cat made us leave but I know that there was going to be a samuri sword fight where all the policemen would lose their heads.... (to be continued?...)

"Real" (Cat's) Reality
A fairly drunk italian man appeared out of a cafe with a cut on his head and started yelling at a woman in Italian. Thye police, sho'd just arrived tried to calm him down but didn't seem too bothered. After walking round the park shouting he disappeared into another cafe followed by
DavidDavidDavid

One of the 3 Davids in Florence.
an ambulance man. THE END

After the melodrama we went back to the hostel, changed and went to dinner with Kat. We had the best pizza in Florence, (yum!!!) then went to an Irish pub. We tried to go for a drink in the hostel when we got back but they had closed the bar...yawn!

The next day we went for brunch at a pizza place beside the Duomo, then went up to the Medici Chapels and saw the remaining body parts of Florence's most powerful family encased in fancy glass tubes, because we cannot remember the name!

Then it was off to Pisa.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Best Pizza in FlorenceBest Pizza in Florence
Best Pizza in Florence

Bekz, Cat and Kat


Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0331s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb