Go Mickey


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Florence
May 23rd 2008
Published: May 23rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

I can't write too much, but will fill in the details of our last hours in Naples, or trip to Florence and our first day there.

Final thoughts on Naples. Think Little Italy in New York and times it by 100. People shout, honk their horns, kids play soccer in the streets, and clothes are hung from every window they can hang it from. But the people are by and large begrudgingly nice and for the most part very helpfull. Threre aren't a lot of tourists, so a lot of them didn't know English. Fortunately, they did know gestures, and we got by fine. Naples is rough, but really does have a cool energy about it. I'm glad I went. A European aquaintence said once that Naples was true Italy. He called Florence "Renaisance Disneyland." Go Mickey.

My mom did have her learning lesson when it comes to obnoxious train porters. They barely helped and then wouldn't leave until she gave them more than a five! She was startled by it, and gave them a ten to go away. Then she was mad at herself for giving in. Oh well, I told her to just chalk it up as part of the experience.

Tomorrow we have a driver to take us around the Tuscan countryside: see Siena, some wineries, olive oil tasting, a castle, and few little villages along the way. Yay!

More later,

ADJ

Advertisement



Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0214s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb