Florence


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Florence
December 16th 2005
Published: June 6th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Its been so so long since I was in Florence, even though I haven't found a post holiday job yet and should have loads of time bumming around with a maxed out credit card, its really hard to concentrate long enough to do this.

Florence - was ok (just my personal opinion). It has this lovely river (the Arno) that flows though the city and the historic Ponte Vecchio bridge is the only bridge that Hitler didn't bomb because of its beauty. The bridge has all these shops built along it, which is different. There are also padlocks of every shape and size bolted to any padlockable place, common for lovers to throw the keys into the river to symbolise their love. ahh.

The coolest square and orginal muesum to David was the piazza della signoria with the rape of the woman statue and other stuff. Nice to walk around. I don't really apperciate it too much since i don't know much about art.

The Galleria d' Accademia is the home to David. A very long que, we waited for about 3 hours in the hot sun. Worried that we would not get in and miss our bus
the open art gallery the open art gallery the open art gallery

palazzo vecchio
- we waited it out and managed to get in. So worth the wait - David was beautiful. made me want to cry.


Other Florence things: had a night out in a bar buying a pitcher of harvey wallbanger between anna myself and kris it became a sickly sweet interesting night with italian sailors. Also had a traditional tuscan dinner which turned out to be pretty average (and expensive).




Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0379s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb