Florence.....high expectations...is never good.


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Florence
October 31st 2007
Published: November 2nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Left Lucca and went straight to take a train to Florence.
This was a disgusting train ride!!!! crap.
so, couldnt find the 1st class cabin so went to 2nd class.
Not a full train, and there was this weird guy in my car......he was constantly looking around...so,
first thought was that he didnt have a ticket, so being aware of the train conductor.
OK, thats normal and I dont care anyways....
BUT, he did have a ticket!!! so..what can it be? waiting for friends to get on or sth....? but NO!
at one point he stood up and asked me sth, but i didnt understand it so continue writing my journal...
when suddenly, when i looked up again and O.M.G.!
That guy changed spot, sat on the opposite side at the far end, and....had his hands on his......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
how disgusting!...argh....after that glance i didnt even wanna look up......but the train stopped and he just jumped off.
Ohhh..i was like..thank god!, then this other girl came sat in the section next to me....so all was fine...
when that guy came back again!!! i was like, SHIT. hope he wont do any perverted thing again.....
well, this time he had his back to us so it was less disgusting, but his action and noise totally described it..........
holy crap, and he was just 2 steps away from the freakin W.C.!!!!
I really didnt imagine it happening on a train, in Italy! .......arrr........
That killed my morning. Very disturbing......damn and I am over 18.....haaaa...my brain is probably still at 13...15 max. haaa!!

So, got to Florence....hummm.....not what i thought it would be, though, they have this grand beautiful Piazza was a nice church and tower!!!!! very very nice..all the details...oooooooo.....

Walked to the central market...lots of herbs, olive oil.....pasta sauces and stuff for tourist......but it was cool. and I looked throught the whole market and finally found ONE STORE that sold the Sicilca Pistacchio Pesto!!!!!!! and they are from bronte! I really regret not buying it in Sicily!!! damnit!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought its an Italian thing but appearently, its not.....

Walked by this stall, they had many chinese signs on it that said this bun is REALLY good..and I did see a bunch of locals lining up for it as well, so bet its good...so went to join the queue! Lamberdotto....sth like that.....Cow stomache bun....SO GOOOOOOOOOD!!!
the sauce and soup they use is just..delicious!!!!!!=9

After that, walked around town again....headed towards the famous tourist bridge...Very nice view there really!!! and the other side of the bridge/river have many local small shops and restaurants!!!! cool place!!!! The street food again, caught my eyes and filled me up...too full! haaaaaaa

Walked back...walked around the area...nothing big...but nice to walk around.....got lost at one point....but got to some small piazzas ..and went into the immigrant area again......they tend to live close to the station ne?

Oh well, got on the train to Milano!!!!



Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 24


Advertisement

Yes it is!!!!! Delicious!!Yes it is!!!!! Delicious!!
Yes it is!!!!! Delicious!!

Lamberdotto Bun!!!!
Inside the churchInside the church
Inside the church

had to go thru all the sercurities and stuff!!!!....ging.
statues.....statues.....
statues.....

it was in a nice piazza...=)
err..its a rape sceneerr..its a rape scene
err..its a rape scene

of some Greek god? they really have all these human-like stories for Greek legends?!
make a wish!make a wish!
make a wish!

and remember to lock it!
Used to be butchersUsed to be butchers
Used to be butchers

but goldsmith was said to be a better...
poor guypoor guy
poor guy

everyone focus on the girls' work and his space, one step away, was deserted! but he is just as goood!
evening comes..evening comes..
evening comes..

candles light up.
some piazza in the backstreet..some piazza in the backstreet..
some piazza in the backstreet..

by the river..where I got lost...
Goodbye Florence...Goodbye Florence...
Goodbye Florence...

and goodnight.


6th November 2007

Ohh what a guy
Well OOOOooo what an "adventure", you should have thrown a couple of swear words at the disgusting guy. Hmmm maybe its a fortune in disguise that you didn't understand what he said... hahaha Well you go on travelling and take care. Lotsa love Jen

Tot: 0.449s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 66; dbt: 0.2404s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb