Relax at the Villa


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Florence
October 3rd 2007
Published: October 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Wednesday was a lazy day spent by the pool and doing laundry so it could dry in the Tuscan sun. Only a few of us dared to get into the pool (it is only about 70 degrees F). I enjoyed floating on it and managed to get a bit of color. We wrote in our journals, read our books and enjoyed our day. Julie, Stephanie and Sarah spent the day out exploring. Everyone else stayed at the villa relaxing and resting. I took a short nap upstairs until I got bit again from whatever spider or thing is eating us up. We all have multiple bites on our legs, arms, backs and in Karen’s case, neck. Mom and I are using balsamic vinegar on them which is mediocre but better than nothing. We’re wishing for some good, ‘ol fashioned apple cider vinegar!
We had planned to participate in a cooking class taught by a young lady from a cooking school in Florence on Wednesday evening. However, Karen forgot to tell me that the fee was not included in the price we had paid for the villa (I thought they were calculated together). Since we hadn’t budgeted for it and Karen hadn’t informed us of the 55 Euro fee, we decided that it wasn’t worth the extra expense. So instead we made a lovely meal of chicken with fresh rosemary from the garden, tortellini with olive oil, lemon zest and lemon juice and salad. Followed by a piece of Apple Tart and red wine from Sicily. It was a lovely evening and we enjoyed those quiet moments with just the two of us!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0314s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb