Under the Tuscan Sun


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Cortona
September 12th 2009
Published: October 2nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Zurli Villa was absolutely beautiful. 5 days of nothing to do but just sit back, relax and enjoy the Vino. The Villa was set at the top of a hill surrounded by Vineyards and sunflower fields.. The gardens were beautifully kept and the place included our own pool, Jacuzi and woodfired pizza oven....And we cant forget the table tennis table either. Our time was so amazing and when we werent lounging around the pool and drinking we would take time to explore the local towns nearby. Day 1 Jen Jen prepared what was to be a feast of home-made pizza from scratch, which was cooked in true Italian style in the pizza oven...Yum Yum. We sampled 5-6 bottles of the local wine just to make sure that we were in the right part of tuscany....We were. We visited the lovely town of Montepucino which was on the mountain top (something that all town seem to be in this area) with tiny, windy streets leading upto the top full off markets and wine shops. We ate at many little specialty restaurants and enjoyed so much pizza and pasta our waist lines near doubled in size. Driving on the other side r\of the road was an experience.... the roads too timy for one car let alone two. It was bloody scary especially when faced with a truck... Most of time was spent soaking in the JAcuzzi and making the most of our 13 bed villa with numerous living areas to enjoy. Near the end of our week we had a gorgeous dinner party at the long table in an elegant dining room. Home made pastas, pizzas and sparkling, red and lemoncello provided an exquisite menu for the evening by candlelight. Andy and Dales numerous table tennis matches ended with Andy in the lead.... much to Dalys distaste... It was then time to part ways with our friends =-( 4 weeks of our awesome holiday were over and now it was time for us to go out into the big world on our own.... We missed dale and Di-sy instantly, but we were excited for the goodtimes ahead.


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



6th October 2009

=)
I LOVED this blog...and the photos were BRILLIANT!!!!

Tot: 0.248s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0518s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb