Eastern Europe


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Trentino Alto Adige
May 19th 2005
Published: April 28th 2009
Edit Blog Post

The loosely knit plan was to go from northern Italy over to Romania, hit the Carpathian mountains and follow them back into Slovakia and the Czech Republic, then continue to the UK. Unfortunately, The Alps were between me & Romania. It’s a tough job but, someone had to do it. From Parma, I headed north to the south shore of Lake Garda. My route took me along the west bank of Lake Garda. Quite an impressive road as it is dug out of a sheer cliff face. About half the time was spent diving into tunnels dug in the cliffside then darting back out into the bright sunshine. Continuing north towards Madonna Di Campiglio, I traversed the northern Italian wine growing regions. If there were ever an Olympics for scenery, Italy would be on the podium every time — my favorite European country.

I encountered a group of Germans aboard Italian Aermacchi-Harley Davidsons at a roadside cafe near Cortina. They were just returning from the Giro d’Italia, held the previous week.
Can you imagine pounding the Alps into submission aboard 175cc bikes? YEEHAW! They told me that their top speed was 130 kph… fast enough to make you see gawd
Western Lake GardaWestern Lake GardaWestern Lake Garda

An amazing road carved out of the cliffside.
when you went to grab a handful of those drum brakes.



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Near BozenoNear Bozeno
Near Bozeno

Alpine views.


Tot: 0.218s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0805s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb