Safe in Dro!


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Trentino Alto Adige » Trento
July 3rd 2008
Published: July 3rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hi!! Just a quick note to let you know we are safe in Dro! It was really awkward at first, haha, the first people we met interrogated Ian and Dillon a little bit, haha they had to prove they were family by naming like a dozen people in different pictures, which is kinda difficult for them, haha. Everyone else is great and it turns out some of them were in San Diego over 10 years ago and they had 4 pictures from a family party and Ian and Dillon were in one! Haha so that sealed the deal, and was pretty cool.

Its so beautiful here you all would love it. It is straight out of a movie, i swear. The family is amazing, we have never eaten so much in our lives. We are hurting a little from the 6 glasses of wine we had last night. Pretty much everything we are served here comes from the garden... even the pasta. . The wine is delicious...Monique, you would be in heaven. Ummmm what else? We went to the top of one of the mountains here yesterday and we heard this jingling noise. Sure enough, about 100 yards away we see a cow walking with a bell. We thought this was really cool. Then we saw that there were like 30 other cows following him! All with bells!! They got within like 10 feet of us and ate the grass and stuff. One came up to Dillon and he pet his nose. Haha it sounded like a symphony of bells it really made our day. There is a really rare mushroom found on the mountain that we ate the night before for dinner, and we were all searching. All Ian could find were magic mushrooms. Haha.

Right now we are in some little town by a lake. The water is a pretty blue green color. We were in awe on the way up here.

Communicating with the family is difficult, nobody knows any English at all. Luckily, we can use Spanish to communicate better, and we are able to carry out conversations. We actually talked politics, and they asked us if we liked Barack Obama or John McCain. We answered with Barack and they applauded and told us we would have been kicked out if we said McCain! The little girls are hard to communicate with because they only speak Italian but we communicate through things like mushroom fights, haha. We were definitely uncomfortable at first... but its definitely better now.

In short, we are having a blast! Might not hear from us until Sunday or so, because there is no internet where we are at... we are at a internet cafe type place about 5 miles from Dro.

Hope the weather is nice where you are at...its hot here but nice. Love you guys!!





Advertisement



3rd July 2008

Boys, did you get the e-mails from us? they are important. Ian it's about registration and Dillon your return home. With the family were you able to explain who your grandma was? They'v met her before. Kate please have a glass of wine for me! Take care and love you lots.
4th July 2008

WOW!!!
Can't wait to see those pics. I'm so glad you are enjoying yourselves. Luv ya.
5th July 2008

Our turn!
Tomorrow the Fantastic Four will be off on our "little" trip to Florida. We will have access to your blog 'cause Randy's taking the lap top. We have suffered major vacation envy the past few weeks, and while our trip is nothing compared to yours, we are looking forward to it. Glad you'r still all having so much fun-hope it continues-we love you :)
6th July 2008

cows
Yes, but were they as cute as the Highland Coos, Katie?? Sounds like the family is taking very good care of all of you. Glad you are able to go out and see the countryside too and get a real feel for the area. Is the wine a local wine or can we buy it here too? Love you and miss you.
6th July 2008

Well have tons of fun!
You will have to tell us if we should go there too. It is almost outside the US so i think i would do it. only kidding but please have tons of fun and tell my other mom not to worry too much about dillon getting gored or something because its just not worth it, itll teach him a lesson if you ask me! or just keep her drunk and having fun!!! love you all enjoy!

Tot: 0.267s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 59; dbt: 0.0899s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb