Day 18 - Riomaggiore - Bossolasco


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Piedmont » Alba
August 6th 2013
Published: August 6th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Packed and trudged up the hill to the car, we were all soaked by the time we got there! After some tricky manoeuvring to get the car out we headed to Genoa. As we headed up and out Erin looked out and saw a whale. We decided not to go into Genoa as it had steep, windy, narrow roads! Kept on and stopped for lunch by the sea just south of Savona at Alhissola. We had, surprise surprise, pizza and pasta, except Mum who had a salad, which she didn't like. We then headed to Bossolasco where we had booked rooms at the Bella Vista hotel due to a review on the Internet. We chose Bossolasco as it was close to Alba, the home of Ferrero Rocher, which we wanted to visit. When we drove in it was a beautiful little town and the hotel was in a piazza with a church, looking out to the hillS covered in vineyards and hazelnut trees. It felt like it was about 10 degrees cooler there.

We checked in and then went for a walk around the town. Bossolasco is the town of the rose and it was delightful. We went back to the hotel and had a drink on the square and they bought us cheese, meat and bread, just lovely. We arranged to eat there that night and it was all local produce and the owner was lovely, she holds Italian speaking classes there over three weeks and spoke English very well. A delightful evening in a delightful location.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0494s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb