ROMA


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Marche
March 29th 2012
Published: March 29th 2012
Edit Blog Post

TAORMINATAORMINATAORMINA

Sicily kitty
Day from Hell

Waking up at 3:00 am is not so much fun as staying up to 3:00 am. The phone rang and soon we were out of the room and in the lobby waiting for breakfast. At four the hotel provided coffee, tea, cereal, warm milk and packaged rolls with jelly. After a couple of cups of coffee I headed to the head and took a header as I missed a stair. The rating was 8 on a scale of 1 to 10. Once again I didn’t breaks or sprain anything but did get a nasty knock on the head from the door jam.

At 5:00 we left for the airport but when we got there we were stuck in traffic. At check in they opened two stations to get us through. You see our flight was a 7:00 and it was after 6:00 when we arrived. I was at the end of the line and ran to security where I was pushed to the front of the line. Mike was there to direct me to the gate, the last one in the corner and I was the third to last to board the plane. All this happened
TAORMINATAORMINATAORMINA

Boy meets dog
before 7:00 am. Coffee on the plane sucked. Then a giant light bulb went off in my head. I had packed everything but what was in the bedside table: battery charger, my Greek evil eye bracelets, 3 pairs of backup glasses and ………. My Cruzan hook bracelet and my Cruzan knot bracelet and my blue Chaney and my turquoise and sterling earrings. Our escort Sergio is calling the hotel and I e-mailed them too.

While the group went on their orientation walk I hung out in the lobby. Surprise, surprise our room was ready at 11:30 so I was able to settle in. Will be living out of suitcases for the next days. No more unpacking!!!!!! After freshening up I found a little cafe and had a wonderful lunch of gnocchi (light as a feather) with porcini mushrooms and manila clams. That with ½ liter of water two glasses of wine and cappuccino added up to 20e, not a bad price for Rome and everything was delicious. I went back to the hotel and rested for the afternoon, reading awhile and napping.

Pam is off to dinner and I am going to return to the little restaurant, or
TAORMINATAORMINATAORMINA

View from the Greek Theater
maybe just relax. I am a little sore but not bad considering the fall and the computer still works so that is a good thing so it could have been much worse.

Just got an e-mail that my stuff was in the room and will be sent home. Hoping everything is there. It is what it is.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0465s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb