A Day of Surprises


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lombardy » Milan
October 5th 2013
Published: October 5th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Point of ViewPoint of ViewPoint of View

Anita and I both stopped to get a photo, she of the church and me of the motorcycle. There are 50 scooters to every one real motorcycle. Or more.
The balloon video didn't work, but if you want to see it and other videos Anita took, let her know and she'll email them to you.

Now, about today. It was cool and damp from an overnight rain storm, and we thought we'd' catch the metro to the Port Garibaldi train station, but got outside and decided to walk. We wandered through an entirely new area with great shops, an outdoor market where we bought Sicilian pepper cheese, bread, and fruit. Just before we got to the market we stumbled on an old, unused section of one of the canals with parts oh the old gates still intact.

After the market, heading to the train station, we found ourselves on a beautiful "pedonale," a street closed off from traffic for people to walk Down. Usually, areas near the train station are scuzzy, schifozo, in Italian, but the surrounding area was gorgeous. Of course, this station is the smaller of Milan's two stations.

We bought our tickets for tomorrow's trip to Bergamo, headed back to the Brera section, near our hostel, and found a kooky shop with special things. Liz and Darrell, who've been taking care of the animals
TricycleTricycleTricycle

The two front wheels are pretty close together, about like my wheel barrow at home.
while I flit around can expect a goofy gift from here.

We're going to a Sicilian restaurant tonight for our last meal in Milan.

We'll be on the road tomorrow, so there may be no blog entry until Monday. The trip is coming to a close--only two days left.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Multi Purpose PiazzaMulti Purpose Piazza
Multi Purpose Piazza

Kid's play area, church, restaursnt , and art. The sculpture, a longtime favorite of Anita's, is by Igor Mitoraj. The kids were playing hide and seek. We've seen tons of kids here, so Italy must be having a baby boom compared to recent years.
Small Pipe OrganSmall Pipe Organ
Small Pipe Organ

I'd have loved to hear this played!
No Big AK Cabbages Here...No Big AK Cabbages Here...
No Big AK Cabbages Here...

...look at the size of those peppers!
Big DogBig Dog
Big Dog

See, there are big dogs, too.
Two More Big DogsTwo More Big Dogs
Two More Big Dogs

Looks like some store in any big city where the dogs wait for their owner to come back out.


Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0455s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb