Day 59: Lake Idro To Lake Como


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lombardy » Lake Como
May 2nd 2011
Published: May 5th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Leaving our lovely little spot it was time for a serious drive over another mountain pass as a short cut to Lake Como. Winding up a narrow road for about 45 minutes we found the turn off and headed up the seemingly good large yellow road. Winding up higher and higher we got above the snow line and found the bob sled run, just around the corner there was sign that said CLOSED, bugger, the gate was not down so we though that maybe they had just forgotten to take the closed sign down. Deciding to have lunch and think about it and 4 wheel drive came down so I flagged em down, they told me in no uncertain terms that yes the road was in fact closed and looked at me as though I was mad to even be where we were. 1.5 hours up the hill and 1.5 back, I was really miffed, they could have had a bloody sign at the bottom telling us the pass was closed. Oh well that’s traveling I guess, returning back down the hill we found another way to Lake Como passing through the pretty little ski town of Aprica. Finding a free spot at Lake Como was proving difficult so we called in at a campground for the evening on the lake front.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0307s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb