Oh oh


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Liguria
May 24th 2008
Published: May 27th 2008
Edit Blog Post

I lost Darrens wallet last night; his version of a nightmare. I went back to the bar where I had bought the kids an ice cream and he said a ‘portafolio’ was found in the street, he thought the guy was going to hand it into the Carabineri (police) but it’s not there.
We wandered back and forth up the street obviously looking lost and confused because a guy came up to me when we were about to cancel our cards at the phone box and indicated that the wallet was taken to the ‘municipality’. He helped us out and we finally traced it to the police station by this time. Then it took another hour for the police to fill in the correct paperwork. Nothing happens in a hurry around here.
After lunch we took a wander around town. What an amazing maze of streets. . The houses are stacked up upon each other into the side of the mountain. It’s hard to work out which one is which, they go up about 4 or 6 stories with little alleys and passageways running in between them.
During the week all but a few shops have been closed up but today they’re all open and the place is a hive of people chatting in the street. We went to the corner bar (where I lost the wallet) to thank the bartender for his help and buy a few drinks. Several hours later we emerge, full from the nibbles provided with each drink (and the drinks of course). Not much dinner required tonight.



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

ChristianoChristiano
Christiano

-our helpful bartender and his dog
Old RusticoOld Rustico
Old Rustico

it's being renovated so after taking a peek we realize the houses on either side of the road iare one; joined by a huge room under the road


Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0248s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb