San Remo is Chaotic


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Liguria » Sanremo
May 23rd 2008
Published: May 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We needed to do some washing so went into San Remo, $A10 a load, wash only. This is bedlam. Cars and scooters darting everywhere, so we decided to park the car ASAP. We drove into what looked like a multi level carpark but in front of us was a closed gate; then we discovered it was automatic. We had to hop out and the car was taken by machine to be slotted into the car parks. But San Remo is just too chaotic. We finally finished the chores we needed to do then back up to Ceriana. I took the kids to the piazza, which is just at the end of our street, to run off a bit of energy when the local kids gathered around after school, after a short while Darcy joined in a game of soccer with them. Every afternoon it seems everyone gathers in the piazza or in the streets for a chat. This place has such a strong community feeling. Unfortunately it’s a bit intimidating because we are obviously strangers, I feel like looking down to check that I’m wearing clothes, that’s how strong they stare as we pass.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0265s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb