Over to the coast!


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Liguria » Sestri Levante
July 21st 2013
Published: July 23rd 2013
Edit Blog Post

Day 12 Saturday 20 July

Caught the early bus to Bolzano and arrived at 10.30. Good trip and the hotel, a bit of an olde world 5star hotel is great and we are upgraded. Sweet! We wait in the attached rear garden while our room is madeup. Great garden as well.

We set up in our room at 11 and head off around town. Market day and it is very busy. We do the roll and cheese and ham thing for lunch and it works great.

Bolzano or Bozen in the local Ladin language is the capital of the South Tyrol district and is as Austrian as any Austrian town. Very attractive.

After checking out the market, the town, the cathedral and a river walk, we headed back to the hotel for a rest . Chris read and I wrestled with the wifi system and eventually gave up. Even my phone stopped working. Frustrating afternoon for me.

We headed off for dinner and settled on an outdoor Italian. It wasfabulous not too pricey and the wine and beer went down far too easily. A stroll for some night pics then home to pack for our early start tomorrow .

We are to leave before the restaurant opens so they agree on a minimal breaky and a doggy bag for lunch.

Sunday 21st.

Our early start goes well with plenty to eat and a fantastic lunch box. We make the station in plenty of

time for the first of our 4 leg journey. We get to Verona and I realise that in our haste, we forgot our passports which were held at reception!

A quick call and our docs should be on the way to the next hotel. Pleasingly, the phone is working again!

We are on our second leg as i type this. Picnic lunch in Milan then Genoa then our destination of Sestri Levante on the Italian Riviera near the Cinque Terra.

Uneventful balance of the journey and we find our hotel based on my memory from Google earth and jumping onto maps to check our location

Check in goes well and the hotel and the room are both excellent.

The hotel has a great pool and we would find out that breakfast is a full English breakfast and more.

Looks a great place to stay and is the heart or the Italian Riviera and the weather is hot!

Dinner of pasta pizza wine and beer. Yummmm

Tomorrow, cinque terre ......


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.154s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 40; dbt: 0.1253s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb