Fun in the Five Lands


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Liguria » Cinque Terre
October 5th 2006
Published: October 5th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Ciao! We're now in the Cinque Terre. This is a national park in Italy along the Ligurian sea. It's made up of 5 villages with hiking paths connecting them. We arrived last night and had a nice dinner but we couldn't see much of the view because it was too dark. This morning, we got up early and hit the hiking paths. After a few hours along an incredibly scenic path that winds along the sea, we arrived in the next town over. It has beautiful beaches so we spent the afternoon playing in the sand and waves. Phil ate quite a bit of sea water while riding the waves, so we picked up something to drink and then got on the train to the village on the other end of the 5 villages. From here, we did a much simpler hike to the 2nd village. We explored the town a bit and then got on the train back to our village (it's number 4 in the line). So in case you're keeping track, we haven't hit the 3rd one yet. That's the plan for tomorrow morning, followed by another afternoon of beach and sun! The weather has been beautiful for the nearly the whole trip. We had some rain the other day, but only while we were riding the train.

Sorry no pictures...internet is expensive here. We have one more day in the Cinque Terre and then it's off to Nice. Take care everybody. Ciao!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.242s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0471s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb