We may never leave!


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Liguria » Cinque Terre
August 4th 2008
Published: August 4th 2008
Edit Blog Post

This morning we headed to the Vatican. We were at St.Peter's Basilica by 8:00am. It was wonderful. There were no crowds at this time and we could appreciate our surroundings.

We then headed to the Vatican Museum which houses the Sistene Chapel. We found the people and the crowds. It was 9:00am and you cannot imagine the amount of people that were in line already. We decided to join a tour group to avoid the line. It was a great tour, filled with aspects of chaos. At the store where we paid for the tour, a couple employees got into a heated argument as only they can in Rome. Halfway through our tour, our leaders cell phone rang. Her and her boss got into a heated discussion because apparently 4 people got lost that were in our group. But enough about Roman chaos... The Sistene Chapel was incredible.

We then made our way to Cinque Terre. This is a series of little villages 4 hrs north of Rome, on the coast. We may never leave. It is beautiful. After checking in at our hotel, we had dinner on the waterfront. Pesto pizza is fabulous. We are looking forward to spending some time in the water. The weather is beautiful here with a nice breeze. Don't tell anyone but it was almost cool during dinner.

Hope you had a great long weekend.

Steph and Sherrie

Pictures will appear.... soon....hopefully!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



6th August 2008

hi!!
Hi Sherrie! I'm really loving the blog!! Looks like you're having a ball!! We all miss you at running club!
7th August 2008

Having a blast?
Hi Steph and Sherrie! Thanks for sending us the link to your travel blog. It sounds like you two are taking in all the sights. I am jealous!! Have an awesome time and keep us posted.

Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0437s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb