The Coastal tour


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur » Nice
August 7th 2008
Published: August 7th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We spent 3 nights in Cinque Terre. On Tuesday, we spent the day with Susy and Rhonda. It was great to see a couple familiar faces. We spent the afternoon at the beach. It was great to spend the day in the Sea. We went out for dinner at a pasta place my sister, Barb had been to. It was quite good. We then hung out on these huge rocks on the shoreline, talked and ate gelato. It doesn't get much better than that.

Wednesday morning, I am pleased to announce, we slept in. It was great! We hiked for a bit in the afternoon and finished the day with a swim. Evenings are quite interesting in these towns and cities. Families all gather in the 'main' square and the kids all play together. You see little kids staying up till 11 - 12:00, presumably because it has not cooled off enough yet in their homes.

Sadly we had to leave this morning. We were on the train by 7:30am heading to Nice (pronounced Niece), France. We arrived around 3:00pm. It is quite nice here. Unfortunately, we could not get on the night train to Barcelona so we are heading there early tomorrow morning. The train leaves at 6:00am. Yikes. The good news is that all the hostels were full in Nice so we are in a hotel. It has internet and AIR CONDITIONING!!! This is great. It is unfortunate we will not be here longer to enjoy it. In Barcelona, we are meeting up with a couple of Sherrie's friends from England - Kerry and Bev. Should be lots of fun.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Vernazza Cinque TerreVernazza Cinque Terre
Vernazza Cinque Terre

This is the village we stayed in.


7th August 2008

Hi girls, I love reading your blog and understand how exciting it is to see everything and try different foods. You won't eager to come back and join us in the day to day routine. Enjoy!
8th August 2008

Barcelona
Glad you are having a good trip. Since you are off to Barcelona I thought I would send you a recommendation for a must see- Parc Guell is great and free. A blend of amazing Anton Gaudi buildings and great outdoors. If you go be sure to take the bus as the walk from the metro is uphill and brutal. Have fun. Watch out for pick pockets and Barcelona is a mecca for them. P.S. the beach in Barcelona is sandy.

Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0359s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb