Italy Day 1 - Scotland to Rome


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
March 17th 2011
Published: March 25th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!

We are starting our journey to Italy from Scotland on St. Patrick’s Day! First you should know that it has been a life long dream for both of us to visit Italy. Our sir names are Martino & Ippolito….and this is the first time either of us have been to Italy. Our journey to Italy began Thursday afternoon leaving Scotland in the afternoon and arriving in Italy, Rome in the evening. The airline we chose was KLM which is by far the best European airline I have flown and they give you free wine and beer! I knew Jon would love that! No issues with either flight, very comfortable exit row seats on both legs. We arrived in Rome a little after 10, so we took a cab to our hotel, Club Isola Sacra, just a couple of miles from the airport. Our room overlooked the pool and was furnished very modern. Since we arrived so late we could only order pizza at the restaurant at the hotel, which was fine with us, as it was our first item on the menu when arriving to Italy. The pizza here is very different than what you would get in America, extremely thin crust that is baked in a stone oven and very little sauce and cheese. They also don’t cut it for you…you are expected to eat it a bite at a time with a knife and fork. They were nice enough to notice us trying to cut it and came over with a pizza cutter to cut it for us. We went to bed early and woke up to have breakfast, then start our journey to Rome!

I figured covering Italy over 6 days is a lot to take in…so I am going to give you day by day blog and pictures so it is easier to digest and take breaks in between blogs!

Enjoy the pictures of our journey!



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.141s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0694s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb