.Rome Day 1


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
March 3rd 2010
Published: March 3rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

RooftopRooftopRooftop

Rooftop of the hotel
(Wednesday March 3) Today was the first full day of the trip. After sleeping for 12 hours we headed to the hotel roof for a wonderful breakfast buffet consisting of meats, cheeses, and pastries. After breakfast the sightseeing began. First stop was Trevi Fountain located just a couple of blocks from our hotel. This was also the location to pick up the hop on/hop off bus, which we took on a 2 hour tour throughout Rome. This was a great way to get our bearings and get an overall view of what was around.

After the bus tour a quick lunch at McDonalds (we had to do it). Then we were on foot for a visit to the Spanish Steps, The Pantheon, Piazza Colonna as well as various shops in the city. Decided to sit down for a drink at Piazza Novana and then did a visit to Campo de Fiori before heading back to the room.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Bus TourBus Tour
Bus Tour

All seated for the hop on/hop off bus tour through Rome.
McDonaldsMcDonalds
McDonalds

We had to try it to see if it was any different (it wasn't).
The PantheonThe Pantheon
The Pantheon

Outside view of the Pantheon in Rome.
Beverage TimeBeverage Time
Beverage Time

After miles of sightseeing through Rome time for a mid-afternoon beverage.


Tot: 0.033s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0181s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb