Rome to KC


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
May 17th 2009
Published: May 18th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We got back to Rome on Friday around 3:00 and found a hotel near the train station. We didn't have much time in the city so we headed out for a walk and then early dinner. Our walk was thru Piazza del Popolo, the Spanish Steps, and the Pantheon neighborhood. We had hoped to get some different lighting in the Pantheon this time but it was overcast and a little rainy. It was cool to see the rain coming into the dome. They rope off the area under the dome. Probably so people don't slip and don't block the drain wholes in the floor. We ate at a really good restaurant and had pasta and red wine for our last meal. After that we had the "world famous" gelato suggestion from our guide book. It was delicious! We made one last stop to the Trevi Fountain and have decided there is a magical feeling to Rome at night. We were sad to know it was the end of our trip but also ready to go home.

Our 10 hour flight left Rome at 11:30 am but since we went back in time, we got to Chicago at 3:30. Adam & Heidi took us for some really good Chicago Dogs and we also had a few beers. We were in a daze but had a nice and short visit.

Our overall impression of Italy was 95% positive. We loved the history, culture, food, architecture and natural beauty. Some places stood out more than others but we can honestly say there wasn't one place we didn't like. We think Europeans have a better idea of how to live a slower paced, less stressful life and also consume much less than we do in the US. Joe and I hope to try and practice this more ourselves.

I've also included some pictures of Joe not fitting anywhere. Try to notice how is legs were always on my side of the table or train if I was across from him. He had to duck thru a lot of doorways and walk sideways thru some halls. It was pretty funny!

It's Sunday night and we are getting ready for an early bedtime. Thanks to everyone that helped us plan our trip with advice from their time in Italy. It's an amazing place and I hope you can visit if you haven't already. We hope you enjoyed our blog!

Love,

Megan and Joe





Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0245s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb