End of tour no. 1


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
September 12th 2007
Published: September 12th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Gondola RideGondola RideGondola Ride

Cruising the canals in Venice
Well we have finished our 1st tour and are now back in Rome. We had a great time - every place we visited we loved more than the last - but you couldn't pick a favourite spot cause they were all so different and fantastic!! If forced to choose, we would have to say Sorrento and Lake Maggoire were our favs.

We have eaten pizza and pasta EVERY day (Ange, your wish will come true) and Luke is convinced he is starting to resemble the late Pavorotti.

Half of our tour group were yanks - and they drove us a little nuts (luke prefers the term 'wankers') - but the other half were Aussies, and we had heaps of fun with them. Last night (our final night on tour) we went out in Rome for a 'Pizza Party' night. We had about 12 courses (again the Pavarotti comment!) and all the grog we could drink - so we made the most of it!! Also included in the price of the night we professional tenors singing for us - and for the finale, we requested 'The Prayer'. It was sooo good.

After the dinner last night, we kicked on
VeniceVeniceVenice

We just loved Venice - how could you not!
at the hotel bar, and Luke spent 30 euro on four drinks - can't wait to get back to Aussie RSL prices!

While we were at Lake Maggoire, we crossed the border into Switzerland for the day - it was very beautiful.

Luke had to restrain me in Milan - walking past all the big names ... Versace, D&G, Prada etc - I was in heaven!

When we were in Venice, and because we told him we just got engaged, our guide Gus treated us to a gondola ride with our own private singer. We felt like royalty!

Saw the tower in Pisa - yep, it's still leaning. Also did an optional tour through Tuscany. It was called 'under the Tuscan sun'. As soon as we arrived, the heavens opened!!

We are very glad we have a couple more days in Rome - there is just so much to see. And it is really nice to have a few days not on tour - you get a bit over trekking around with 40 slow-arse whingeing yanks!

Tonight we are treating ourselves to a meal in Piazza Novona - don't worry Mick - it's not
Lake MaggioreLake MaggioreLake Maggiore

The view of the lake from our hotel room
'your' spot.

Hope you are all well! And we hope Toby has stopped destroying everything in sight!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Albino Peacocks Albino Peacocks
Albino Peacocks

Albino Peacocks inside a castle at Lake Maggiore - one yank asked "so, are their tails coloured when the open up?" (wankers - I think they are missing the point of 'albino')
PisaPisa
Pisa

Luke thinks he's stronger than me
TuscanyTuscany
Tuscany

Under the Tuscan sun (rain actually!)
Spanish StepsSpanish Steps
Spanish Steps

Luke doing the 'touristy' tradition - sitting on the Spanish Steps


Tot: 0.342s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1571s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb