The city of Roma


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
July 7th 2007
Published: July 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Up early for the 9am bus that was packed with people going to see the sites of Roma . We were in the city by 9.30 and made our way first to the Vatican , Oh my goodness the amount of people lined up did my head in it was a 2 hour wait, so we made a decision we were not going to line up as our time in Roma was limited , we thought the best way to go about this was to get on the Hop On and Hop Off bus. I deally it would have be fantastic to be able to have time to line up for all the attractions but we didnt want to say for a couple of weeks. The bus tour was great ir took in the Colosseo, Piazza Barberin, Piazza Di Spangna, Villa Borghese, Campidoglio, Musei Vaticani, Pizza Navona, Fontana Di Trevi , Basilica Di San Pietro and many more sights More details if you like later. When we jump out at the Colosseo we did manage to get fast track tickets and a guide for a few euros with no waiting required, really interesting. We also walk mlies that day looking at "ruins" and by the time 6pm came along i was pretty "ruined"out , the heat was incrediable. The buses back to camp only went on the hour and we just missed one , a moment of madness we hailed a cab , Big mistake . We Nearly had three accidents in 10 mins , the driver was driving as fast as the F1 guys with alot of horn blowing along the way listening to the rock music like it was a walk in the park. We did arrive saftley and Matt who had been inspired by the events of the day , promply get out on the taxi kissed the ground. We renamed our taxi drive as "suicide mission" we think it would be a hit at an amusement park for the insane . Slightly shaken we chilled for a time on the pool with a stiff drink. Next to us on the camp was an Aussie couple from Brisbane were were travelling around for 9 months after retiring, we chated for ages and relised that it was midnight , to late for dinner and i was shattered .


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.455s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0555s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb