Back Home


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
June 29th 2007
Published: June 29th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hello VeniceHello VeniceHello Venice

Here we are in our water taxi from the airport to our hotel; the 20 minute ride only cost $150.

Back Home

 Europe » Italy » Rome By The Conleys
June 29th 2007
The Conley Family
Well, we arrived home back in Minnesota last week, but feel compelled to add one last entry to post some of our pictures from our adventures with the Taiclets in Venice and Rome. The kids were, of course, thrilled to get home to see all of their friends. Some of our great neighbors built a bonfire on our front patio (thankfully, in the fire pit) and were prepared to welcome us with beer and smore's. Unfortunately, our flight from O'Hare was delayed by weather and we did not get home until after Midnight, missing out on the fun and this quintessential American culinary experience.

I'm not even going to try to summarize our 3-months in Europe; suffice to say that I would do it again without hesitation. Thanks to all of you who viewed the blog or sent us messages while we were there; we are glad to be back home with you.

As the Spanish would say, hasta luego. We will see you all soon!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement

Piazza San Marco Piazza San Marco
Piazza San Marco

The kids, of course, loved the pigeons in St. Mark's square. (Even Tommy, the germophope). Here, cousin Jack tries to feed one while the others watch.
The ClanThe Clan
The Clan

Here is the complete set of the Taiclet and Conley families in Venice, minus our staff photographer.
VeniceVenice
Venice

On a famous bridge whose name we can't remember. Just after this picture was taken, Keenan did a beautiful back flip into the canal; all of the Venetian judges gave her 9.8s.
The fishThe fish
The fish

Had I known that this fish was going to cost us $150, I would have ordered the hamburger.
RomeRome
Rome

Although you can't really see it, the forum is just behind us.
KeenanKeenan
Keenan

In front of Hadrian's wall.
The centuriansThe centurians
The centurians

We thought it would be fun to take a picture with these guys, until they demanded $20 and made a pass at Angie. I paid them $1.50 and kept Angie for myself.
The coliseumThe coliseum
The coliseum

Ryan doesn't look happy because it was really hot that day and, like his father, he doesn't do well in the heat.
A fabulous mealA fabulous meal
A fabulous meal

We had a fabulous dinner at this restaurant whose name I don't remember. Check out the Marilyn Monroe print on the left.
Giolitti'sGiolitti's
Giolitti's

Rome's most favorite ice cream parlor. Ryan really enjoyed his!
Soccer in FlorenceSoccer in Florence
Soccer in Florence

A famous plaza in Florence whose name I no longer remember.
St. PetersSt. Peters
St. Peters

We tried to see the Pope, but he claimed he was too busy. Right!
Keenan and her new boyfriendKeenan and her new boyfriend
Keenan and her new boyfriend

He looks vaguely familiar to me. I like him because he doesn't talk much.
CousinsCousins
Cousins

In descending order
NewlywedsNewlyweds
Newlyweds

Kathey and Dave were celebrating their 20th wedding anniversary on this trip; looks like married life has been good to them. I hope I look that good in 6 years on my 20th.
DudeDude
Dude

Ciao!


Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0273s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb