Friday Fun!


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
April 13th 2007
Published: April 13th 2007
Edit Blog Post

This was definately the best time I've had since arriving in Europe!!!!!!!!!

I slept in then met Esther, Matt, and Gillian for a late lunch by the Pantheon. Matt is Esther's friend from home who's studying in Ireland this semester. We went to a really cute pissaria/resturant near by--we had a huge meal--definately some of the best food I've had so far! After that we went to Giolitti for gelato and then walked around for a while. We headed up to the Vatican where Matt and Esther ran inside for a few mins--I was wearing shorts so I couldnt go in, but Gillian and I sat around outside--it was a beautiful day so I was completely fine with that! It was fun to watch the tourists and Italians wandering together, such a clear distinction between. One in bluejeans and hats with cameras and backpacks of all different shapes and sizes, the other in sleek european outfits, heels and dress shoes, manuvering the rough cobblestones with style.

After Esther and Matt came out we headed to Termini to get Tommy--another of Esther's friends from home--who flew in from Spain. It was a beautiful day so we walked all the way. We ended up playing one-up while waiting for Tommy to arrive because the bus he was taking got in an accident so he had to get off and take another route. After heading back to Trastevere we made reservations at Dar Poeta, the best pizzeria I've found so far in Roma. Our pizza was great, then we all shared a huge nutella calzone. The guys decided they needed more gelato, so we all went and ended up at Blue Ice for another round of dessert.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0475s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb