positano. meh.


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Campania » Positano
June 17th 2015
Published: September 13th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Positano! It was super easy to get here from Sorrento (and also to get from Positano to Salerno). So easy in fact that looking back, we probably would have done this as a day trip. This was another disappointing AirBnB experience: the entire apartment that we rented at quite a high rate was actually just two rooms, a balcony a common room and NO KITCHEN. I don't know what Italians do in their homes, but an apartment needs to have a kitchen to be a freaking apartment. Anyhoo, within about 15 minutes of our arrival, there was a HUGE downpour. Luckily, we had ensconced ourselves at a local patisserie place and hunkered down with some sweets, drinks and a rousing game of heads up! Then we got some food stuffs and settled into our place. We had mostly veggies and cheese and we all got a little sick from them. A failure on our part perhaps to fully wash them? Or maybe just buyer beware? Sarah and Susan made the 650+ trek down to the beach for a day of sun and swimming and wifi. From what I gathered, you should definitely pay for a chair so that you can enjoy all the amenities because the beach is just pebbles. Hmm. Not much else to say about Positano, the restaurant we ate at above the town and two doors down from our AirBnB, Ristorante da Costantino, was pretty lackluster (we ordered a pasta dish, mussels, a pizza and a local fish) resulted in more stomach problems. The views were lovely in Positano and it's very touristy, but wasn't overrun with people per se. All in all, I wouldn't go back.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.147s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0607s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb