Positano


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Campania » Positano
January 19th 2008
Published: January 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Beautiful PositanoBeautiful PositanoBeautiful Positano

Sun sets and sun rises from Hotel Conca d'ora are to die for
My sister and I travelled to Positano last year. We got there end of June - stayed for 3 nights and loved every bit of it.

It's such a relaxed, cosmopolitan and beautiful place.

I have travelled a fair bit and seen some beautiful places but Positano took my breath away....i'm in love ;-)

We got there from Naples - stayed there for a night (not recommended). We didn't know too much about Naples ...i had seen a report on an Australian TV show "The Great Outdoors" and it seemed ok ....busy and dirty but no where in the report did they mention that it could be quite dangerous.

We flew into Naples from London - got there at around 8 and as soon as we got our bags we started looking around for a way to our hotel which was near the central station. We found a bus that was going there and tried so hard to communicate with the bus driver with little success until a passenger got hold of our hotel address and told us that he would tell us when to get off. The bus ride was free which was strange but we
Positano LemonsPositano LemonsPositano Lemons

Try the Lemon Granitas - you can't get the same flavour anywhere else.
didn't complain ;-)

We got to our hotel which was within walking distance to the naples train station and as soon as we put our bags down we asked the receptionist to guide us to the best pizza place in town...i had heard (on the show The Great Outdoors) that pizza originated from Naples and they had the oldest Pizzaria in town ...which we thought we have to try...but since it was late and the too expensive to go anywhere in a cap (50 euro's) we decided to just go somewhere around the hotel.

We were advised that we could not go on our own and that the security guard would take us to the closest pizza place to the hotel- which was no kidding just a short street up from the hotel. When the hotel security guard took us there and got a guy from the pizza place to accompany us back we knew we had to stay put and be carefull...hence we just slept and rested for our trip to Positano the very next day.


We took a train from Naples to sorrento and then a ferry from there to Positano (the ferry was
Breakfeast @ the HotelBreakfeast @ the HotelBreakfeast @ the Hotel

What a treat - to have breakfeast with such views....i thought i had died and gone to heaven ;-)
2 hours late with no notice given to us - we just waited and waited...welcome to Italy) ....anyhow once we approched Positano we forgot all about the wait.

Positano is just amazing - we stayed at a hotel called the "Conca d'Oro" quite high up but amazing cause you have such great views. I highly recommend it even though you have to climb so many stairs and go up the hill for so long to get to it....worth it with those views + you can burn off the Gelato and Pizza ;-)

Positano has some great restuarants and you are blown away by the hospitality - such great people.

We had dinner @ the Buca di Bacco and a few other restuarants that i can't remember the name of but i def recommend the "Buca di Bacco" and one that was recommended to us by a local ....up the road from the "Le Sirenuse" hotel....it's always booked out and was recommended as one of the best.

We really wanted to go the night club called "L'Africana" but were advised not too as it's not that good these days....the replacement is a club called "Music on the
On a Speed Boat to CapriOn a Speed Boat to CapriOn a Speed Boat to Capri

Can life get any better - i don't think so
rocks" which is a club in cave (cut out in the rock basically) which is very nice - we went there with some locals after dinner but left after a drink or two cause it was 12 already and the place was dead - apparently it starts happening @ around 1PM...plus i was getting a bit tipsy after a cocktail and a sip of another one....it was so potent i didn't drink the 2nd one...either Italians make their drinks usually that strong or the guy with us was trying to make me drunk....away from my beautiful boyfriend it didn't matter what the situation i was out of there.

We spent one day in Positano - one day going to the Amalfi coast and another going to Capri....it was too short and i would love to go back there again soon.




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Views from the hotel poolViews from the hotel pool
Views from the hotel pool

Exceptional - definately worth the stairs you have to climb to get there.


Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0455s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb