Farewell Positano, Hello France


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Campania » Positano
October 6th 2007
Published: November 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

6th October 2007 - Farewell Positano

We said our farewells to Positano, definitely one of the more magical places I have visited. I hope to return to one day. Melissa entrusted her box of belongings to the Italian Postal service. We made the trek back to the ferry wharf with our luggage, and it just started lightly raining. Positano was obviously sad to see us leave.

Did the trip back to Rome, via Naples as before, except that Melissa wanted to skip the tram ride in favor of a taxi. Back in Rome we stayed at the Holiday Inn near the airport. This would not have been my first pick of places to stay, but we had an early flight in the morning and it was close to the airport.

We had dinner at the hotel restaurant and it was bloody expensive. The meals arrived cold and after putting on my incensed patron act we eventually got what we ordered and a free bottle of wine.

The hotel was also hosting a conference for the “Red Bull” energy drink company, the attendees obviously indulged in a lot of their own product and kept us awake most of
over the Alps from Brussels to Marseilleover the Alps from Brussels to Marseilleover the Alps from Brussels to Marseille

cheap ticket and two glimpses of the Alps into the baragin.
the night running up and down the hallways and yelling loudly to each other from room to room. I repaid them by knocking loudly on some of their doors at 7am the next morning.

7th October 2007 - Marseille via Brussels

Took the bus to the airport for our flight to Marseille (via Brussels). The direct flight to Marseille was 350 euro, but a two hour diversion via Brussels then back to Marseille saw the price reduce to 50 euro each - very strange.

When we checked our bags in the Alitalia check in guy told us we would fly via Brussels but our bags would go direct to Marseille. We explained what happened with BA and our bags in Madrid and he assured us we would have no such problems with Alitalia. As he handed us our boarding passes he said “rest assured your bags will go smoothly to you destination sir, when you arrive in Milan you will have no problems”. The smile on his face at my obvious alarm at his comment resulted in all five of us laughing at his quick sense of humor. Well we hoped he was joking!

One benefit of the diversion via Brussels was that we got a great view of the French Alps on the flight. We arrived in Marseille and found our bags waiting for us. Lorenza was wearing a Wallabies t-shirt and we were told by a guy in the airport that “sorry to tell you but the Wallabies are kaput”. That was when we found out about the Wallabies going down to the Poms by two points - bugger!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.032s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb