Sorrento/Positano


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Campania » Amalfi
September 19th 2005
Published: September 24th 2005
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in from Ischia to Sorrento yesterday. We had quite an adventure trying to make it over on the ferry since the one for Sorrento doesn't operate on Sundays. Eventually we made it to Sorrento after taking the ferry to Naples and then the train down. We did our laundry this morning and then started the journey to Positano. I intially heard of Positano from the movie "Under the Tuscan Sun" from the romantic scene where Diane lane spends a day there on the beach with a handsome Italian man.

To get to Positano you have to take the bus. We waited over an hour for the bus to arrive with about 45 other people. Eventually it came and we all crammed on. The best part of the Positano trip is the bus ride down. You ride along the side of a cliff for about 40 minutes thinking the bus is going to fall over the edge at any minute.

When we arrived we walked 300 feet from the bus stop to the beach through many winding streets with many shops. It was amazing - bright blue water with lots of small row boats everywhere. When you look back up at the town you wonder how anything was even built there since it is on the side of a mountain.

Craig laid on the beach for a few hours while I walked through all the shops. We witnessed a wedding in the beautiful chapel there. I am looking for a wedding site for my friend Patty, so I kept this one in mind.

Since we heard that the busses are really packed going back we left a little early to make ure we did not get the last one of the day. To our luck the bus came five minutes after we arrived at the stop. We made the trecherous journey back to Sorrento and then strolled through the town a bit before heaidng back to our hotel.

Positano is definitely the prettiest place we have been so far.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.126s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0712s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb