Amalfi and Rome


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Campania » Amalfi
June 17th 2018
Published: June 17th 2018
Edit Blog Post

The last two days were really amazing.

On Friday we arrived in Amalfi, the very famous coastline where the houses are simply built into the cliff to present a stunning picture of the Italian coastline. We took a ferry from Amalfi to Positano, a little fishing village up the coast one-half hour. There we spent the day looking in shops and having a little wine and pizza. Coming from the panhandle of Florida where the sand is so white, the sand here was strikingly black due to the volcanic soil.

On Saturday we docked at the port just outside of Rome. Sophie and I both visited the main sites in Rome, so we chose to take a bus into the city and explore some artwork by the artist Caravaggio, which are located in two churches in the city. They are striking, realistic paintings of the selection of Matthew by Jesus, the conversion of Paul and the crucifixion of Peter.

We visited a few famous sites along the way and had a splurge with some gelato. We ended our visit at St. Peter’s square and got another close up view of the over amazing Basilica.

Tomorrow, on to the island of Elba.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.188s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 11; qc: 58; dbt: 0.1138s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb