Day 14: Work and Party at the Castle


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Apulia » Otranto
June 7th 2012
Published: June 9th 2012
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
Party set up at the Castle Party set up at the Castle Party set up at the Castle

Dinner served by our studios
Hard to believe I have been gone 2 weeks!!!

Today, Thursday, is glass recycling day. We have a container for the glass that we put out the night before. The recycling man come in a little garbage type truck and picks up outside of every house. Recycling for plastic and paper are another day, and trash is every day.



We found some information on a Byzanine Church of St. Peter. We tried to find it, and did, but it is being restored! Too bad, it has some fabulous frescoes of the Last Supper that I would like to have seen.



Today was a work day, very productive. I got my process going and results were good. I know that I can produce work here.



The castle was all a-buzz about a huge party for the regional Whirlpool sales group. Men carried tables, chairs (cool clear plastic ones), dishes, glasses, electric lights, and even a harp, up 2 flights of stairs. They made our “big room studio” into a kitchen, with 2 electric grills on the terrace. They hung huge banners and brought in a DJ plus equipment and flashing strobe lights.
Dinner at our houseDinner at our houseDinner at our house

Mary, Martha, MD, Tayo, and Deborah
It took 2 days to set up for the party.



We went to the Spinaker Bar, overlooking the harbor, up along the town wall, around 7:30. I had my first campari and soda of the season. Very refreshing!



I had visited the grocery store to buy items for dinner in the afternoon. Martha and I decided to try to make a dish we had a few days ago. I got a slices of smoked salmon, capers, mushrooms (only had the white ones), a salmon cream (panna al salmone) and some Otranto style pasta fresca, orecchiette (“little ears”). We sauteed the mushrooms in olive oil, threw in the rest, and mixed it with the pasta… fabulous! Tayo, Mary, and Deborah joined us for dinner, served in our dining room! The weather is still cool and the apartment was delightful.



About 11:00pm we went back to the castle. Elio, our helper/handyman at the castle, was the doorman for the party. He had his hair spiked and was very dressed up and quite proud of himself. He let us in and we took photos! He let us go up to our level, where the
Dancing at the PartyDancing at the PartyDancing at the Party

BAU artists enjoying the Castle party
dinner was served, to observe.



The sales people were quite beautiful… long legged girls in 4” heels, beautiful clothes; men all in jeans, some with athletic shoes, all with starched white linen/cotton shirts and navy blazers, no ties. We had a great time watching and dancing to the music. I went home around midnight but the others stayed on and ended up dancing and closing down the party a few hours later!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Elio and the BAU ladiesElio and the BAU ladies
Elio and the BAU ladies

Elio was gatekeeper for the party
San PietroSan Pietro
San Pietro

Restoration


Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0519s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb