Day 31 - Sorrento to Naples, train across to Caserta, train change to Bari


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Apulia » Bari
November 9th 2013
Published: November 15th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Made the decision to get 3/4 of the way to Alberobello today as travel to that destination is difficult and more so because it would be a Sunday and therefore not so many options. So sadly we had our last coffee and breakfast at Villa Monica and Pasquale dropped us, along with Joan and Clark, at Sorrento Stationale for the train to Naples. Joan and Clark had also been to Capri the day before, hadn't been able to get a small boat around the island, and said they had met a couple who had been up the chairlift and there was low cloud and they couldn't see much of the great view - so we didn't feel so bad. We said a fond farewell to them and headed off in search of a ticket booth. An hours train to Caserta, where it stopped at the station across from a magnificent Palace. Rather than look for a bag drop, though, we found a ristorante in a side street and ordered a drink and pizza. No wifi though - and two hours to fill in. The high speed train to Bari was very full and 2nd class travellers (ie us) were separated in seating although at least in the same carriage. I knew it would not be long before Roy was asleep anyway - as we tripped across from West to East Italy.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 13; qc: 33; dbt: 0.0308s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb