Leaving Florence to Andria, Italy


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Apulia » Bari
April 8th 2008
Published: May 17th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Since the statue of David’s site was closed on Monday, we decided to try to get a couple of quick shots before leaving. Big mistake. The streets were crawling with tourists and students. There were at least 4 to 5 hundred people waiting in line for David so we decided to skip it and head south.
After a couple hours of driving, it started to rain hard and there was a bad accident on the freeway. We sat waiting for the involved cars to be moved off the road for about 45 minutes. Lisa decided she was going to drive to day, looks like every time she drives there is an accident we have to either detour or sit waiting for traffic. Today is our marathon drive to get from Florence to Bari (Bari is a port city which we will catch a ferry to Patras Greece). We drove till around 8:30pm and decided to spend the night at a little town of Andria. Driving in to town was unbelievable. Every one and their Italian brother was out and driving very aggressively. It was a total traffic jam at 9:00 pm. We finally found hotel and had a wine and cheese party before bed.
Lisa and I went for a run in the morning, great work out.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0424s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb