Northern Ireland and the Giant's Causeway


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland
April 19th 2017
Published: April 19th 2017
Edit Blog Post

It's Kya's turn to blog today. Kya is 17 and in grade 11 and is hoping to study social work at the University of Manitoba after graduation next year. Kaya enjoys being active and going to the gym. She loves shopping, fashion, has a sunny disposition and has the travel bug now! We are writing this blog while cruising on the ferry to Scotland this very early morning....

Yesterday we started the day off at the Giant's Causeway. It was the most beautiful, magnificent experience of my life. Every scene was breath-taking and I couldn't get enough of it. I've met so many different people so far and had a conversation with one of the security guards at the Giant's Causeway and he was so amazed to have met a Canadian. One of the things I noticed is there are so many things we take for granted back home in Canada, any kid in Northern Ireland would be internally grateful to get an education everyday where politics are not an issue, walk in a store without being judged, love someone without eyes on you all the time thinking two different religions as a couple are weird etc... the culture in Europe is so enlightening. It's like an addiction for me and I am wanting to see more and more new things. For example the castles, food, clothing, all sorts of different stores you wouldn't see in Canada. It's so beautiful and different to get outside your comfort zone and see the world.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.125s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0664s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb