galway's the place to be...


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland
July 5th 2005
Published: July 5th 2005
Edit Blog Post

greetings from galway. this town is pretty laid back, really not much going on and unfortunetly i still can't send pics. hopefully in the next city. I haven't really done much here. the first day in galway i spent sleeping, eating and reading. fun fun fun. oh i also saw war of the worlds, liked the beginning, liked the middle, didn't like the end. see it and tell me what you think. the second day, or the 4th of july i took it apon myself to spread the american love around. so bought a six pack of beer and drank it in the park while eating bbq potato chips. ( i couldn't find a steak that was cheap enough.) i was really surprised, the day was extra warm and sunny, i didn't think that there were days like that in ireland. after my bbq I ended up at the pub til close, i think, things are a little bit fuzzy. today i went on a sightseeing tour of the cliffs of moher and saw the castles around the way. was really cool and very intresting to hear about the history of the region. got some really good pics that i still can't send because i can't find a usb port. my memory stick is almost full so i will put them on a disk if i have to in scotland. got back to the hostel at around 630 and ate. met a few school teachers that i'm going out to have a few beers with. really i haven't done much here, sorry my updates have been so boring. leaving for either westport or sligo tomorrow, haven't decided, probably will on the way to the bus station. probably stay in these places till the 8th then head over to dublin and spend a day there. have a flight on the 11th to glasgow. hopefully will have a way to send pics there...

keep being jealous,

mike

Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 12; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0611s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb