Day 4 - Off we go on an Irish Storytelling and Sacred Spaces Adventure


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Wicklow » Glendalough
August 21st 2019
Published: August 22nd 2019
Edit Blog Post

We awoke with a time limit on our self discovery of the Irish land we are visiting. We headed to Bewley’s for a great Irish breakfast of porridge and scones before heading to the National Museum of Ireland - Archaeology... from Celtic art to Medieval Ireland is covered. Can you say “COOL”? Also bog bodies are displayed... well preserved bodies which have been found in Irish bogs - some date back to 175 BC ?... An elderly lady who was enjoying the exhibit as much as I, came up to me and offered to take a pic for me with the “old” guy... she said it would portray me as even younger ... I declined. ?

We finished our sight seeing excursion just in time to meet up with pro story tellers, Jay Stailey and Tom McDermott from the states who have coordinated an Irish Storytelling and Sacred Spaces tour for 20 plus ... we hop on their bus and head south to Glendalough in the Wicklow mountains. Our first group event is a rainy meet up to hear some Irish poetry and blessings from Batt and Father Michael two elderly Irish mates. We finished our day with a walk of a labyrinth and dinner at the Glendalough Hotel.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 59; dbt: 0.0622s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb