Mountaineering Experience


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Waterford » Waterford
January 25th 2009
Published: January 26th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Today a few of the guys got up bright and early to try out the mountaineering club. We were mostly unaware of where we were headed, just knew it was called Mahon Falls. We arrived at the drop off in the sleet. I was not looking forward to hiking in the snow and sleet. When we got out the van we saw we were surrounded by a few beautiful snowing mountains and a distance waterfall. The location was absolutely surreal and we started to get excited. We first hiked up the trailless mountain through the winds and snow. It was a good workout and ended up being a blast. After about an hour we reached the peak. Everyone stopped to play in the snow, it was awesome. We then headed to the waterfall side to begin descent. When we reached the top of the waterfall, the wind was horrible and whipped water in all our faces. After cross the river and heading down, the wind was insane, almost unbearable. It got better as we kept trucking down. Many falls were taken in this process (including me a few times). Wet, freezing, and a bit tired we made it back to the vans. It was a grand adventure, dispite being rather difficult at times. The scenery was beautiful and I will probably be doing more of these trips; I'll just hope for better weather!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0278s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb