Still navigating the wild west of Ireland...


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Limerick
November 7th 2009
Published: November 7th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We made a good choice...the coast is fine when the whether is well...but last night really was too stressful for us. We drove through the cliffs of Moher in pouring rain and strong winds but after that the roads were much better. We drove through Limerick and arrived in Adare about 2pm, found our new B&B (Church View House) right on the corner of town. It's a pink house, very quaint...I feel like we are staying at Grandma's house. We dropped off our stuff and went to relax and enjoy the town. First we went to check out the Adare Manor which we could have stayed at but unless we were serious golfers with nowhere else to go in Ireland, it wasn't for us. There was a wedding taking place nearby so the Adare manor was sort of off limits anyway. We took pics anyhow and then found the bar on the golf course where "anybody who might be anybody" would probably want to hang. The village itself is adorable....thatched roofs and right now we are blogging, watching rugby, drinking beer and eating more great pub food, talking to the locals at Aunt Lena's built in 1802. Great place, kind of an Irish Sports bar with a good mix of people. We are content and happy...so far this has been a great vacation overall. And I feel like we have tried a little bit of everything.

Tomorrow we will stay in Bunratty, see another castle. Relax the rest of the trip and return home on Monday. I hope everybody is well and can not wait to show over 400 pictures that we took.

Cheers!
Warren and Tami

Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.025s; cc: 12; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0461s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb