Ireland 2008


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Limerick » Limerick
August 4th 2008
Published: August 4th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Practice today is from 3-7. I think all the girls are ready for this competition to start.

Sacha's family arrived this morning. They are staying at a B&B in downtown Limerick. They went off to The Cliffs of Moher today, while the rest of us went downtown to see The Hunt Museum. We tossed around the idea of going down to the Mitchelstown Caves while Taelyr was practicing, but she spoke up and said that she'd like to go too, so I think we will stay with our original plan of going down there on Friday.

The Hunt Museum was interesting for me, although a bit boring for the kids (and Mom's) I think. They have over 2000 items from a wide range of dates. A few items from 4000BC up to more modern things from the 20th Century. Mostly hand tools, pots, religious artifacts, jewelry, and weaponry, with a little bit of art. A great deal from the Stone and Bronze Ages. Unfortunatley, they didn't allow any photography so I don't have much to show today. I'm sure I'll find something.

We are going out for dinner tonight to an Italian place that the reception recommended.

There is an 'Athletes Party' for all the athletes tonight, so Taelyr will be going to that instead.




Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

The Hunt MuseumThe Hunt Museum
The Hunt Museum

Can't take pictures inside...this is all you get.
Before the Athlete's PartyBefore the Athlete's Party
Before the Athlete's Party

I think this is almost the entire Canadian Contingent...it's kind of hard to get them all in one spot at the same time.


Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0462s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb