Blarney Castle and Killarney - Trip Day 5


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Kerry » Killarney
March 18th 2007
Published: March 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Jackie here:
Blarney Castle is our trip on the 18th . Touring the castle was great although Tammy and I refrain from kissing the Blarney Stone. The boys did it and now are entitled to some crazy mojo! The drive to Killarney is next. Steve is doing a great job driving and it is quite stressful. I will think twice about complaining about the 101 or 210 freeways. Most importantly, we find a bar with no cover, and a live band that stays open until 2. The band 'DRIVE' is not quite the crowd-pleasers we hoped for, but they have no waiting for drinks and a wicked fog machine that Tammy gets a chance to operate. Live music gives way to a DJ, but thankfully he mixes dance music with some guitars. We dance (?!) quite a bit, drink quite a bit more and get Zappa another job interview behind the bar. They say “thanks,we'll call you”. We implore our cab driver to find some snacks, but he is in a hurry and there is no place left open. Tammy has hidden a bag of Doritos in our room, they become hot property. Trying to get some info from reception I accidentally call another room and wake up some poor bloke. We get reprimanded from the hotel and laugh for minutes before passing out!

Steve here:
Driving is getting a little more natural, but it is hard unlearning certain things. I am losing the urge to drive on the right side of the road and I have a better feel for the left side of the car. Ed is also getting much better at navigating. The lack of proper signage is still bothersome, but all in all driving isn't the nightmare it was the first few days.

Blarney Castle has been the highlight so far. Kissing the Blarney Stone will give me some kind of superpower I'm told, I can't remember which...I'm hoping for invisibility.



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Wishing StepsWishing Steps
Wishing Steps

Walk backwards up the steps with your eyes closed and your wish will be granted. We're not dumbasses, we only posed for the pic and then opened our eyes.


20th March 2007

Read all your blogs to date, sounds like a lot of fun. Ed say something. Maybe you can get somebody to type for you. Are you guys just propping him up and taking pictures? Good luck the rest of the way. You guys are doing a great job of letting us in on your good times, thanks.
20th March 2007

Job Interview
Hey Ed, You look good behind the bar, serving the brew!
22nd March 2007

kissing the blarney stone
the only superpower you're getting is oral Herpes, and the power to spread it.
24th March 2007

Hey What's the Latest!!!
Hey we haven't heard from you, Steve's laptop still on the fritz or are you guys to drunk to write us poor bloke's here in the US!!!! HAVE FUN!!

Tot: 0.166s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.1411s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb