Killarney to Doolan via Dingle


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Kerry » Dingle
April 30th 2011
Published: May 2nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

This morning we left our accommodation to drive to Doolan but we were told by some other travellers that we should go to Dingle, on the way, as the scenery is fantastic.
On the map Dingle did not look like too much of a detour. How wrong we were!!
It was worth it though as you will see from the photos.
The coastline along the Dingle Peninsula is very rugged and dramatic lending itself to some fantastic photographs.
When we drove into Dingle Harbour we were lucky enough to experience some traditional irish dancing and music.
As we drove around the Peninsula, along a very narrow road above the cliffs, the views were spectacular.
We drove out of Dingle via the Mountain Pass - more lovely scenery. We saw some of the huts, remaining after the potato famine, which are still in tact, ( I shall have to buy one for Steve, fab views!)
Some of the photos that I have taken were at the film location - where 'Ryan's daughter' was filmed.
We also saw a huge shark from the cliff top. I have a photo of it's fin.
We drove on to Tralee and Tarbert and caught the car ferry across to Kilrush which took about 20mins but saved us about an hour on our journey.
Then we travelled on through a place called Killee - beautiful and up through Milltown Malby, Lisconnon and into Doolin.
It was quite late when we arrived tonight. We went out to the pub for dinner and down to the pier to watch the sun go down,
(I have loaded quite a few photos for this blog. You may need to keep scrolling down to view them all.)


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



2nd May 2011

Rest Day
Don't you two ever stop for a rest. I'm exhausted just trying to keep up with the blog!
4th May 2011

Nice
Again, nice post and pictures, would love to be on the cliffs and take pictures.
6th May 2011

What beautiful photos
and look at the scenery - well worth the extra kms!!

Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 13; qc: 24; dbt: 0.036s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb