Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday: Classes Begin and an Archeological Tour


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Kerry » Dingle Peninsula
May 21st 2009
Published: May 21st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Monday

Summary: Class started this morning, I’m taking Contemporary Irish Literature. It was very obvious I was an Aerospace Engineering Major, definately not like my Tech classes! Danny Sheehy came and spoke this morning, he’s a Blasket Island Poet who is full of life, passion, spirituality, and spunk. He said something that really stood out to me:

“You can’t fear the bad days, without them you cant fully enjoy the good ones.”

Food: Dinner at the Pub we went to the first night. Had some awesome veggie fajitas.

Pub Crawl: Nicest Irish Bar here, bar snraa or something similar, and then we ended up back at small bridge. Awesome Irish music tonight good fiddle, guitar, annd flute player. Afterwards another guy played some good old fashioned American tunes, like Brown eyed girl, Sweet Home Alabama.

Weather: Getting better, still chilly! I got up early and went for a run before class down by the harbor. It was absolutely beautiful.

Tuesday

Summary: Classes again, more poetry. Me and Diedre hung out by the pennisula, there is this really cool walkway out there, that has a gorgeous view. We did some Irish set dancing tonight, hilarious. Absolutely. It was a ton of fun.

Food: Potato Gnosh with Pesto sauce. Evan, your mother would have died and gone to heaven(not to be cliché or anything). It was really good.

Weather: Weather was nice all day, chilly a bit but no rain.

Wednesday

Summarry: Classes began with us doing a presentation on a poem. I chose “The Divorce Referendum, Ireland, 2986” by Paul Durcan. He seems to bee my favorite writer we’ve read about so far. Archeological trip went well, the views we saw were stunning. I want to wake up to that EVERYDAY. Pictures explain much better than words(see pictures). We went to a local Pub Basement Singing Club gathering. I made the mistake of telling them I was from Virginia. Two of the Irish Women were soo excited about the "Wonderful Virginia Songs".. so I got suckered into singing. The only thing I could think of right away was "Be my Guide" from RUF. Mom you would either been proud or laughed your head off. Probably both.

Weather: Gorgeous, Sunny, actually not too cold! The sun really lights up the rolling green hills!

Food:Good old fashioned pizza at Blue Zone.
GnoshGnoshGnosh

Potatoe pasta with pesto sauce and cheese. Absolutely Delicous!
Be jealous mom. ha!


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



22nd May 2009

Sarah, Sounds like your summer has gotten off to a great start! Glad to hear you've met so many nice people...The pub crawl sounded like a lot of fun. The photos are beautiful. My favorite is the one of the sunset. Looking forward to seeing more.

Tot: 0.273s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0463s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb